Amped wireless SR10000 Range Extender expands the wifi range of any standard home wireless networks by repeating the wifi signals from a wireless router and redistributing it to an entirely new “extended” location. Prior to Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender setup, you must search for a suitable amped wireless extender setup location to install the extender.
Suitable amped wireless extender setup location:
- Place your Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender midway between the wifi router and the wireless dead zone area with no signal.
- The Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender must be receiving a strong wifi signal from the router wherever it is located. The signal strength should be more than 70% for setup.ampedwireless.com extender setup.
Amped Wireless Range Extender SR10000 setup steps:
Connect the Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender to the computer using a wired Ethernet cable.
o The Ethernet cable should connect the extender and computer at the LAN port for wired connection setup.
o Else, you can also use wireless connection with wifi for Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender setup, though wired extender setup via setup.ampedwireless.com is preferred.
Launch a web browsing window on your computer connected as above to the Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender.
Navigate to the default amped extender login web address setup.ampedwireless.com from the address field.
If setup.ampedwireless.com fails to open the amped SR10000 extender’s web menu or is unable to access the smart setup wizard;
o Make use of default amped login IP address http://192.168.1.240 for login from the address bar.
· The amped extender’s Smart Setup Wizard screen would auto- launch after SR10000 amped extender login.
· The smart setup wizard guides you onscreen amped wireless setup steps.
· Click on SCAN link.
· It would search for any available wifi network name/SSID in the vicinity.
· Select the SSID of your Amped high power SR10000 Range Extender wifi to be extended with setup.ampedwireless.com setup.
· If the router wifi is dual band network, you need to select both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands with different wifi network SSIDs.
· Ensure that the wireless signal strength from router should be 70% or greater.
o If signal strength is below 70%, you must move your Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender closer to the router.
· Click on Next tab link.
· In the wireless network password field, enter the security key for your selected home network SSID.
· Allow Amped high power SR10000 Range Extender’s configuration for settings of the extended wifi network.
· To allow manual configuration, copy the settings from your home wifi network settings by selecting choose option.
· The newly extended Wi-Fi network settings would be displayed for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands on the screen.
· When prompted, recreate and assign the new wireless network name /SSID for both the bands.
· Also, recreate and assign new passwords for above extended wireless network SSIDs.
· Click next option to save the configuration.
· The smart setup wizard completes the countdown process thereafter.
· Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender reboots as a smart setup wizard countdown completion step.
· The Amped Wireless-N Smart Repeater and Range Extender SR10000 would disconnect from the Wi-Fi after it reboots.
· Reconnect all your wireless devices to the Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender’s ne Wi-Fi Network.
o Enter the new assigned wireless network name SSID and wireless network password for either 2.4 or 5 GHZ wifi bands network.
· Click OK.
· The amped extender setup via setup.ampedwireless.com is complete.
The Amped high power SR10000 Wireless-N Smart Range Extender is successfully installed and setup with all the configurations done completely. As the setup gets completed, setup.ampedwireless.com setup summary would get displayed on your computer screen.